Time has gone very quickly as we busily continue to serve the underprivileged children of Ethiopia. We are confident about one thing – that God is at work and doing great things through us all. The following has been accomplished last month:
- As always, we had two meetings with the children and their families. It gave us a great pleasure to minister to them. We taught them the story of Creation from Genesis 1 and presented them with the reality of God.
- Sewhereg, our social worker, visited the children’s homes and encouraged their mothers in how to lead their children in the right way, keeping them clean, making sure they have their study time at home, etc.
- We visited the children’s school and again reviewed their progress with their teachers in order to assess how much they had improved their knowledge by attending the tutorial classes.
- Together with the operational area government officers we have selected the widows that will become beneficiaries of our program this year. In addition to 9 ladies, we are privileged to welcome one man who is raising his daughter by himself. We pray that they all succeed in their learning and are able to start their private businesses at the beginning of next year.
- We held our regular staff meeting where our day-to-day activities were discussed as well as how to work more efficiently on behalf of the children, especially how to share the reality of God with them.
- We had 2 days of training for all our 75 families. We mainly taught them the basis of parenting. We particularly pointed out that parenting means keeping the home in love, peace and good living atmosphere. We also educated them on H.I.V. AIDS, what it means, how to protect their families and how to prevent this virus from entering their homes. In addition to these, we shared with them the reality of God, the salvation message, and how we are being made into the likeness of God. We had a wonderful time together and their response was very positive. We ask you humbly to pray with us as we are in need of a larger place of gathering so that we can minister to our beneficiaries on a more frequent basis.
Dear sponsors, may God bless you for all your support and offerings for God’s work. We hold devotions in our office every day before we start working and we always remember to pray for you all.