February 10, 2014
1. Mayor’s Permit: We got the 2014 Mayor’s permit for the school released! It is always a major undertaking to get all the necessary documentation collected and presented at the respective offices. We are very grateful for this one.
2. Currently, we are working on obtaining the 4th grade permit. Next school year will be the first year our school will teach 4th grade and so it has new requirements. We have to get a new classroom ready, science and T.L.E. laboratory equipped, and a number of paperwork to process. In spite of all this, we are very grateful that we can carry our 3rd grade students to yet another year. They are the first pupils our school had started with in 2010 and we are so happy to be able to provide more education for them.
3. Our school continues to be a great blessing to the indigent families in our locality. We are the only school in the area that offers free feeding to the children and that on a weekly basis. The parents are so very grateful for this provision to the little ones and send their BIG “thank you” to all of you who take part in this provision.
4. The 4th foundational day held at the end of January went very peaceably. The children were dressed in different colors in each grade which really highlighted their presentation. Though our school is young (only celebrating its 4th school year in comparison to others which have been established for 10, 25 or 100 years), we have run a good race . By God’s grace, we will keep running.
5. Another big box has arrived: The big box that was shipped from the United States in October last year has finally arrived! It had taken a very long time across the ocean making us wonder whether it got shipwrecked along the way. However, it came in a very good condition and complete. All the content was distributed and continues to bless the recipients – Bibles, MP3 disks, books & educational materials, children’s pain relief medication, clothes, and personal gifts. Our sincere thanks to all of you who care so much for us on the other side of the world.