April 25, 2013
A number of you have been asking if there is anything you can do for the school in the Philippines apart from sponsoring a particular child. There is so much that you can be involved in! First of all, please pray that all those who participate in the operation of the school would have the wisdom that is needed to accomplish the responsibility that has been given to them. Secondly, if you would like to take part in some of the “material” needs, following is a list of extra costs that the summer months (April & May) and the beginning of the new school year (June) are bringing:
- New classroom for the 3rd grade (materials & labor): $750
- Desks for the 3rd grade & new ceiling fans: $400
- Paint & painting materials: $650
- 2 new computers (there is currently only one PC that all the school staff is sharing): $600
- Staff uniforms: $650
- Uniforms for children without a sponsor (about 25): $250
- Books for children without a sponsor: $1,250
If you would like to donate toward these specific needs, you can do so either by mailing a check to Reaching Beyond Word, PO Box 955, Mahomet, IL 61853 or paying electronically by using our secure payment system. Please designate your contribution to “PH School” and one of the projects/items from the list above. Also, if you would like to see some of the work-in-progress for yourselves, you are welcome to visit our posts School Building Reconstruction and Summer in the School which show our latest pictures.
It is difficult to put into words what our little involvement is doing in the lives of those who are receiving it. Thank you for your generosity and for sharing your kindness with the indigent of the Philippines.